Like many physicians, Dr. Hamamji chose a career in medicine because of his sincere desire to help people get well, feel good, and maintain a healthy, vibrant lifestyle. He also strives to provide the most advanced medical technology with the highest level of compassion and care to his patients.
Dr. Hamamji received his medical degree from St. Joseph University in Beirut, Lebanon. He then completed his General Surgery training at the University of Montréal in Montréal, Québec, Canada and became Certified in the field of General Surgery and a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
After moving to California, Dr. Hamamji obtained certification from the American Board of Surgery and became a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is also a Fellow of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Today, he specializes in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and applies these skills, amongst other things, in the field of weight loss surgery. Due to his desire to provide the most advanced techniques, Dr. Hamamji continues to incorporate cutting-edge technologies in his practice including the use of the Da Vinci Robot and the newest improvements in the continuously advancing arena of minimally invasive surgery such as the Single Site Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. As such he was the first surgeon in Orange County to adopt this technique and is looking forward to the introduction of new instrumentation on the DaVinci Robot in the near future in order to develop new areas that would benefit from this advanced technology, providing the best care with the ultimate cosmetic outcome of a major abdominal surgery without any visible scar.
But while he may incorporate newer state-of-the-art technology, his level of compassion and genuine care for his patients remains constant.
Dr. Hamamji has been living in Orange County for over twenty years now. He is married and has one son. When not working, he enjoys classical music, contemporary authors and fine arts. He is fluent in English, French and Arabic.
· Bachelor of Science, Collège Mont La Salle, Beirut, Lebanon
· Medical Doctorate, St. Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon
· Internship, Hôpital St. Luc, University of Montréal, Montréal, Québec
· Residency, General Surgery, University of Montréal, Montréal, Québec
· Upper and Lower GI Endoscopy
· Basic and Advanced Laparoscopy
· Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
· Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery
· Single Site Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
· Board Certified, Diplomate, The American Board of Surgery (ABS)
· The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC)
· The Board of Medical Examiners
· The Medical Council of Canada
· The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
· State of California
· St. Joseph Hospital, Orange, California
PROFESSIONAL COMMITTEES / SOCIETIES / APPOINTMENTS
· Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
· Fellow, The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Canada
· Fellow, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
· Member, California Chapter American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Member, California Medical Association an